|Languages: English | French | Spanish |||Estimated effort: 3 hours|
|Course type: Self-paced e-learning module||Partners: UNDP Gender Team, Convention on Biological Diversity, NBSAP Forum|
This course consists of two lessons that are designed to help you improve conservation outcomes by integrating gender equality and women’s empowerment approaches during NBSAP development and implementation. It emphasizes the positive impacts that supporting women’s empowerment and leadership action can have on biodiversity conservation outcomes.
- Lesson 1, Promoting Gender Equality, and Women’s Empowerment through Biodiversity Conservation, introduces you to the central role that women can play in biodiversity conservation and sustainable development. You will also learn how the concepts of gender equality, women’s empowerment and gender mainstreaming are integrated into global biodiversity policy frameworks and international commitments. The lesson concludes by exploring the positive impacts of engaging women and women’s groups as agents of change in the development and implementation of NBSAPs.
- Lesson 2, Entry Points to Strengthen Opportunities for Women’s Empowerment and Leadership During NBSAP Planning and Implementation, will introduce you to the positive impacts of engaging women in biodiversity conservation activities. You will also explore entry points to facilitate women’s empowerment and leadership during NBSAP implementation using case studies of small-scale conservation and sustainable development projects.
This course is designed for policymakers and planners who work on the design and implementation of NBSAPs. Organizations and groups with an interest in biodiversity conservation, or anyone wishing to learn more about women’s empowerment, gender equality and biodiversity, are also encouraged to take the course.
- Learn about gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Identify opportunities for women’s leadership during NBSAP development and implementation
- Learn about methods to overcome barriers to women’s effective participation in conservation planning and reporting
- Identify strategies that strengthen institutional capacity to address gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Identify measures that enhance biodiversity outcomes by addressing issues of gender equality
Please note that the online lessons and the course survey are required to receive the course certificate.
Enroll in the course to view its content.