Do you need to make a stronger business case for biodiversity conservation? Do you want to become more skilled at developing financially sound and politically feasible solutions to conservation and development challenges? Do you need to know how to develop an effective biodiversity finance plan? Do you want access to more tools to assess the policy, institutional, and economic context for biodiversity finance, and to conduct a financial needs assessment to achieve a country’s biodiversity goals? We are offering a FREE self-paced course on Biodiversity Finance.
The content of this self-paced e-learning module was used during the Massive Open Online Course “Biodiversity Finance”, which took place on 15 April – 31 May 2019. View the course report below.
Course highlights and outcomes:
- Gain an overview of key issues related to biodiversity finance
- Receive a certificate of completion from premier development institutions
- Take a deep dive into rich online lessons, webinars, assignments, and finance solutions
The course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to biodiversity and sustainable development
- Introduction to biodiversity finance
- Biodiversity finance policy and institutional review
- Biodiversity expenditure review
- Biodiversity financial needs assessment
- Biodiversity finance plan
- Implementing the biodiversity finance plan
By the time the course is completed, you will be able to:
- Assess the policy, institutional, and economic context for biodiversity finance
- Conduct a financial needs assessment to achieve a country’s biodiversity goals
- Develop a biodiversity finance plan for most suitable finance solutions
Course completion requirements:
In order to receive the certificate of course completion, participants must complete:
- Six lessons
- Six weekly quizzes with a score of 60% or higher
- Final test
- Course survey
The course room also contains optional components, such as homework assignments, webinar recordings, biodiversity finance solutions, discussion forums and additional resources. These components are not required for receiving the course completion certificate.
In order for our site to issue the certificate, all the required activities must be marked with green checkmarks. Once each required activity in your course room contains a green checkmark, the certificate will be automatically generated and will become available for download in PDF format directly from this page.
Please note that starting on 1 July 2019 the forums of this course are not monitored by the Learning for Nature team. The forums are available for participants to interact with each other and exchange expertise.
Click “Enroll” to register and view the course content . If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.FAQs